To ensure that the campus food services provide a wide range of affordable, sustainable and nutritious food options to our community through excellent service, commitment to our environment and celebration of food to reflect our diverse community.
In August 2016, Food Services at the University of Toronto St George campus became self-operating. The mission of Food Services is to nourish and bring the campus community together, contribute to the culinary culture of Toronto and support the work of innovative and sustainable local food suppliers. We achieve this through:
- Ensuring that delicious, nutritionally sound food is available everywhere.
- Creating comfortable and welcoming places on campus where the community can gather.
- Connecting with academic colleagues and students interested in food and nutrition.
- Engaging with Toronto’s culinary community and bringing the best of the city to the campus.
- Working directly with farmers and food producers to develop mutually beneficial relationships
At Beverage Services, we provide the means to license events on the St. George campus via the UofT liquor license or our caterers’ endorsement. Our liquor license covers the St. George campus, excluding federated colleges, the Faculty Club, GSU, Hart House (with exception of the theatre), and Chestnut Residence and Conference Centre.
Food Services and Beverage Services are part of the division of Ancillary Services.