Food Advisory Committee Application
The University of Toronto Food Advisory Committee brings together students, staff, and faculty to give constructive feedback and partake in the continual improvement of the quality, variety and service in food service operations on St. George campus; and to participate in the development and refinement of campus programs related to food and nutrition.
The objectives of this Committee are:
- To act as an outlet and response unit for feedback on food services at the University, addressing both overarching concerns as well as specific issues
- To collect feedback from the various constituencies represented by the Committee members
- To monitor the quality of food service operations by developing and evaluating audit tools such as customer surveys, benchmarking, mystery shopping, etc.
- To bring forward ideas around environmental sustainability of food service operations on campus to be acted on by Ancillary Services
- To discuss issues relating to food security, and help formulate solutions
- To bring forward ideas to improve the sustainability of food operations on campus, and reduce the environmental footprint of these operations
- To discuss ideas for outreach and programming activities, and/or participate in the planning of such activities (e.g., cooking classes, cultural events involving/highlighting foodservices, educations programming related to foodservices, Farmer’s Market, etc.)
The University of Toronto Food Advisory Committee meets five times a year. It is expected that you attend all these meetings.*
*Students in this Committee may choose to not attend the meetings held during the summer.
The Committee invites you to participate in improving Food Services at the University of Toronto. If you are interested in joining the Committee, please fill out the application form below.